Assignment #17 - Vocabulary
Assigned: Friday, April 14, 2000
Due: Tuesday, April 25, 2000
Each Friday this quarter you'll get to grapple with a real problem that faced real people working together in a small group. On Friday, April 28 you'll be a member of a transplant committee as it attempts make a life and death decision. In order to participate, you’ll need to know the words listed at the bottom of this sheet.
On a clean, properly headed sheet of paper, do the following.
- number and write out the word
- look up and read its definition in your dictionary
- choose a sense (medical if possible) to use in a sentence
- write out the part of speech for the sense you’ve chosen
- write a sentence using the word in the sense you’ve chosen
- proofread your sentence for spelling, punctuation, capitalization, clarity, and legibility
She ate a toxic mushroom.