Assignment #18 - Jury Duty Vocabulary
Assigned: Friday, April 28, 2000
Due: Wednesday, May 3, 2000
Each Friday in May you'll get to grapple with a real problem that faced real people working together in a small group. On Friday, May 5 those of you who qualify will "serve" as a member of a jury deciding a criminal case. To qualify, you must successfully complete this assignment.
On a clean, properly headed sheet of paper, do the following.
- number and write out the word
- look up and read its definition in your dictionary
- choose a sense (legal or medical if possible) to use in a sentence
- write out the part of speech for the sense you’ve chosen
- write a sentence using the word in the sense you’ve chosen
- proofread your sentence for spelling, punctuation, capitalization, clarity, and legibility
The evidence seemed to prove him guilty.