Assignment #19 - Clemency Board Vocabulary
Assigned: Friday, May 5, 2000
Due: Wednesday, May 10, 2000
Each Friday in May you'll get to grapple with a real problem that faced real people working together in a small group. On Friday, May 12 those of you who qualify will "serve" as a member of a clemency board deciding a death penalty appeal. To qualify, you must successfully complete this assignment.
On a clean, properly headed sheet of paper, do the following.
- number and write out the word
- look up and read its definition in your dictionary
- choose a sense (legal if possible) to use in a sentence
- write out the part of speech for the sense you’ve chosen
- write a sentence using the word in the sense you’ve chosen
- proofread your sentence for spelling, punctuation, capitalization, clarity, and legibility
Convicted of murder, she consequently went to jail.
|1. binge||11. homicide|
|2. boast||12. majority|
|3. chaplain||13. ministering|
|4. clemency||14. pardon|
|5. coalition||15. parole|
|6. commute||16. prosecutor|
|7. concur||17. redemption|
|8. confess||18. staunch|
|9. conversion||19. transform|
|10. embed||20. urge|