Tracking Down Answers - Process
Distributed: Friday, February 25, 2000
If you understand and follow this process, you should do better on research assignments. Be sure to set aside enough time to complete each step. Donít wait until the last minute (or day) to begin. If you start early, and focus clearly on what youíre doing, youíll do your best work.
- Identify exactly what you need to look for.
- Identify where in the resource you need to look to find it.
- Find what you need.
- List specifically what you need to do with what youíve found.
- Head your paper properly.
- Complete the written assignment.
- Proofread, correct and, if necessary, rewrite your work.
Lastly, find a way to remember to bring your completed work to school the day it is due.